Not to break the library style silence that hovers over this site, but we actually have news. Steven Universe returns January 30th with a fresh and much needed “Stevenbomb” week. Double episode on Monday and three single episodes over the next three days. Seems we’re missing a day from this bombing run.
The full report is directly below.
Steven Universe returns to televisions everywhere on January 30. Five new episodes will air over a week starting at 7 PM EST, in what has been dubbed the “Stevenbomb” format.
These episodes are:
- Monday, Jan. 30: “Steven’s Dream” – A strange dream prompts Steven to search for answers.
- Monday, Jan. 30: “Adventures in Light Distortion” – Steven and the Gems take off on a search and recovery mission.
- Tuesday, Jan. 31: “Gem Heist” – The Gems try to pull off a heist.
- Wednesday, Feb. 1: “The Zoo” – Steven visits a special zoo.
- Thursday, Feb. 2: “That Will Be All” – Steven and the Gems make a daring escape!
After this summer’s “Steven Nuke” (a full month’s worth of weekdaily episodes) and a handful of weekly episodes that followed, it seems like Cartoon Network is getting a better handle on how to market and release this show. At the very least, the fandom is receiving more consistent information on when hiatuses are going to end.
Steven Universe isn’t the only show getting new episodes after the new year. Adventure Time will kick off its penultimate eighth season with its own bomb, starting Monday, January 23, at 7:30 PM with back-to-back episodes. The following week, we will be treated to the 8-part miniseries “Islands,” with two episodes a night from January 30 to February 2, also at 7:30 PM.